WHAT IS FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT/ TRANSPLANTATION AND HOW IS IT APPLIED?
In the FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) method, hair follicles are taken one by one with special-tipped micro motors under local anesthesia and placed in balding areas, taking into account the natural hair growth angle and direction.
Today, the majority of hair transplant operations are performed with the FUE method. Since it does not require general anesthesia, patients decide more easily and prefer this technique.
WHAT ARE THE BASIC STAGES OF HAIR TRANSPLANT?
There are basic principles in all hair transplant operations.
1. Collection of hair follicles,
- FUT: Collecting hair with skin section
- FUE: Removal of hair one by one
2. Opening of channels,
3. Planting the roots in the opened canals.
1 - Collecting Hair Roots with FUE
Before starting hair transplantation, pre-interview with the patients, examination and planning are made and both the acquisition and transplantation points are marked on the scalp. Afterwards, the hair is shaved to 1 mm and the area is sterilized and local anesthesia is given to the area. The hair follicles in the nape area are loosened using a special device (micromotor). The higher the patient's hair graft quality, the greater the success of the procedure. The collection of hair follicles in the FUE technique is usually completed in 2 to 4 hours, although it varies from person to person, depending on the number of grafts. While the hair follicles are being collected, the grafts taken from one side are separated according to the hair sweat they contain (1, 2, 3, etc.) and they are kept in a special solution at +4 degrees.
2 - Opening Sowing Channels with FUE
After the hair follicles are collected, the area is covered with a special bandage to prevent infection. Then, the patient lies on his back and the area where the transplantation will be performed is again serialized and local anesthesia is applied, and the channels are opened using a special device called micro-pen (as much as the number of grafts taken). These channels are designed to be smaller than the needle tip and in the right angle and direction. The tip of the micro-pen device is pointed and is used to open extremely small channels in the diameter that the hair follicles can pass through.
3 - Transplantation of Hair Roots with FUE
Hair follicles (GRAFTS) are placed one by one into the channels opened to the application area. After the hair follicles are collected, they must be transplanted within a certain period of time. Transplantation of hair follicles is completed in 2 to 4 hours, although it varies from person to person, as in the collection of follicles. After sowing, the transplanted area is not covered with a bandage.
WHAT SHOULD BE ATTENTION TO AFTER HAIR TRANSPLANT/ TRANSPLANT WITH FUE?
After these three procedures are completed, the patient is discharged by giving various information and products-medications to be used at home. 48 hours after the procedure, the first dressing and washing of the patient is performed under clinical conditions and the patient is given home washing training. For 1 week, patients are recommended to wash as desired, morning and evening with special products. At the end of 7-10 days, all the crusts in the planting area fall off.
After shock loss between 2-6 weeks, 25% of the hair transplanted in the 3rd month, 50% in 6 months and all of them at the end of 12-18 months.
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL FEATURES OF HAIR TRANSPLANTATION WITH FUE?
- Without removing all the tissue in the area where the grafts are taken, only the relevant hair root cell and the microscopic tissue surrounding it are studied one to one.
- No incisions or stitches are made in the area where the hair is taken.
- In the area where the roots are taken, small abrasions of 06-08 mm occur and heal in a few days without leaving a trace.
- With this technique, grafts taken from the nape area can be used in hair transfer as well as in eyebrow, mustache and beard transfer.
- Depending on the condition of the average donor area and the number of roots to be transplanted, 2,000 to 6,000 grafts can be taken in one session.
- There are 1 to 3 hairs in each graft. 1 graft hair is accepted as an average of 2 - 2.5 hairs.
- Depending on the number of roots obtained and the spacing, planting 45 – 60 hair follicles per square centimeter is sufficient to achieve a natural appearance.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF HAIR TRANSPLANTATION WITH FUE?
- With the FUE technique, more dense and natural looking hair transplantation can be performed.
- With the FUE technique, a permanent treatment can be provided from mild hair loss to severe complete hair loss.
- The FUE technique is a very comfortable and convenient technique since it is a procedure developed in a way that causes the least pain to the patients and does not leave any scars or stitches after the operation.
- After hair transplantation with FUE, patients recover quickly; Thus, they can easily return to their normal lives and travel after 1 day.
- If the FUE hair transplant operation is planned correctly, the hair follicles taken from the donor (reception area) area will not be damaged. Even if several operations are performed in this way, there is no negative change in the appearance of the person.
- The transplanted hair grows in the place where it is planted with an efficiency of approximately 98%.
WHEN WILL I SEE FUE HAIR TRANSPLANT/ TRANSPLANT RESULTS?
Transplanted hair usually falls out between 2-6 weeks. on average 25% at 3 months - 50% at 6 months and 12-18%. At the end of the months, 100% permanent hair growth is completed. The use of household products during this period accelerates hair growth.
Since the transplanted hair is taken from the nape area, which is coded not to fall out (if it is taken correctly and the transplanting process is completed in the right time!), they do not shed again.
Since the hair belongs to the person, they come out in the same color and character.
In hair transplantation, the amount of hair and the way it is taken are as important as the angle and direction of the transplanted hair, as well as the amount of transplanted hair in terms of natural appearance.
Do not entrust yourself to centers where there is no doctor while having a hair transplant!!!
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT HAIR TRANSPLANTATION WITH FUE;
- People between the ages of 20 and 60 can have a hair transplant.
- It is sufficient for the person who will have hair transplantation to allocate a period of 3 days before and after the operation.
- Although it varies according to the amount of root needed, the operation time is about 6 to 8 hours.
- It is necessary to perform the operation in a fully equipped hospital environment in order to intervene immediately in case of a possible complication.
- The operation is performed with a doctor and at least 2-3 medical personnel who are experts in their field.
- It takes between 6 months and 18 months to get the full results. In other words, the hair can continue to grow until the 18th month from the day of the operation.
Participate now with prpmed.de in an advanced training course to become an FUE hair transplant technician! (FUE Haartransplantation Fortbildung)