What’s the difference between Roku express and Roku streaming stick
With a slew of streaming media players, it is quite difficult to choose the right one for your home. In this article we will find the differences between two stunning devices, the streaming stick and the express. The major difference is, the former is a streaming media box and the latter is a streaming stick. Apart from this, there are several differences in their technical specifications and other features.
What’s the difference between Roku express and Roku streaming stick – hardware?
- The streaming stick is powered by a quad core processor whereas the Roku express is not powered by such a powerful processor
- Though the streaming stick plus can stream 4K content, the Roku stick and the express models do not support this feature
- The maximum you can expect out of both these devices is a 1080 p display output
- The streaming stick supports a dual band Wi Fi, which is a game changer
What’s the difference between Roku express and Roku streaming stick – design?
- The express and the streaming stick are both very sleek devices which do not occupy much space
- The only difference here is in the way they connect to your TV
- A Roku express makes use of a high-speed HDMI cable to connect to your TV
- Whereas, the Roku streaming stick can be directly plugged into the HDMI port of your HDTV
What’s the difference between Roku express and Roku streaming stick – remote?
- The streaming stick’s remote is more advanced when compared to the remote that accompanies the Roku express
- Why because, the Roku stick has a point anywhere remote control which can be used from anywhere
- Otherwise, both the device remotes have similar features such as headphone jack and remote shortcuts
- Though the Roku express is less expensive at an approximate 30 dollars, the streaming stick is a more preferable device at an estimate of $50
- When it comes to portability, the Roku streaming stick wins the comparison hands down
- Though the Roku express is also portable, the streaming stick gives the look and feel of a flash drive
- And when comparing the streaming quality of both the devices, there isn’t much of a difference between the two
- Another major difference is in how these devices are powered
- The express has to be connected to the power source at all times while that is not the case with the Roku stick
Using this comparison, you will now be able to decide on which is the better streaming media player for your family. To gain more insight into the comparison, contact us on our toll free number +1-877-302-5260. Inorder to activate the roku device type which you wish refer Activate Roku.com/link