Electrotherapy Devices Market: Introduction
- Electrotherapy uses electric impulses and offers a range of treatment to reduce pain by relaxing muscles, improving blood circulation, repairing tissues, and promoting bone growth. The adoption of physiotherapy in the treatment of various ailments has boosted the demand for electrotherapy globally.
- Different modalities of electrotherapy include electrical, sound, light, or thermal, which are used to reduce pain and improve body functions. For instance, therapeutic ultrasound, low?level laser therapy (LLLT), transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), and pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF) are different modalities for physical therapy intervention.
Request Brochure for Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=B&rep_id=72659
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Electrotherapy Devices Market
- Rise in incidences of spinal injuries and lower back pain is boosting the global electrotherapy devices market growth. According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately 80% of adults experience lower back pain at some point of their lifetime. The number of people experiencing lower back pain is increasing.
- Approximately 29.5% of the U.S. citizens aged 65 and above experienced lower back pain in 1997. This number increased to 33.7% in 2013.
- As per as article published on back pain statistics in 2018, 80% of Americans experience upper or lower back pain during their lifetime.
- Each year, in the U.S., out of 30 million children and adolescents who participate in some form of sports, 3.5 million experience injuries.
- As per the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), since 2000, there has been a five-fold increase in the number of serious shoulder and elbow injuries among youth baseball and softball players. Rise in the number of sports related injuries is fueling market growth, as electrotherapy devices are used for muscle relaxation, to increase blood circulation, and manage chronic and intractable pain.
- Limited market growth is witnessed in underdeveloped and a few developing countries due to lack of awareness about the device and the treatment
- Major companies operating in the electrotherapy devices market are focusing on expanding their presence in the Asia Pacific region due to its high growth potential
- According to the U.S. National Academy of Sciences (NAS), US$ 500 billion direct medical cost is associated with chronic pain management
Request for Analysis of COVID19 Impact on Electrotherapy Devices Market –
High Frequency Segment to Witness Rise in Demand
- Based on product type, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into low frequency, mid frequency, and high frequency
- In electrotherapy, applied energy is the main source to start physiological events to achieve therapeutic benefits for pain relief. Low frequency electrotherapy devices can be effectively applied to the contralateral side of the body.
- Traditional electrotherapy devices use relatively high frequency (80 Hz – 130Hz) with narrow pulses for the treatment
Pre book Market Report -
Pain Management Application Segment to Offer Significant Growth Potential
- On the basis of application, the global electrotherapy devices market can be divided into pain management, urine & fecal incontinence, sports injury treatment, tissue repair, iontophoresis, acute & chronic edema, wound healing, cosmetic, and others
- Electrotherapy is used to treat several types of chronic pain, including neck pain, lower back pain, and diabetic nerve pain, by blocking pain signal using a mild electric current
- Technological developments in the electrostimulation therapy for wound healing have exhibited promising treatment
- iTENS is an advanced Bluetooth-based wearable pain relief OTC device that combines TENS therapy using a medical device app
Ask for Discount :
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global electrotherapy devices market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Alimed, Inc
- Cogentix Medical, Inc.
- Zynex Medical
- Neurometrix Inc
- DJO Global Inc.
- Biomedical Srl
- Shenzhen XFT Medical Limited
- A.C.E.R. SRL
- Domino srl
- Eme srl
- Enraf-Nonius B.V.
- Omron Healthcare Inc.
Browse more Market Reports:
Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Market :
Viral Diagnostic Test Kits Market:
Migraine Drugs Market:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for several decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts so that it always reflects latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453