LED Integrated Silicon Chips: Introduction
- LED Integrated silicon chips are the result of new technologies being developed in LED and integrated circuits. The light equipment market has already seen the usage of light-emitting diodes that have many more applications than just illumination.
- Researchers in Germany have developed high-performance prototypes of blue and white LEDs. According to this technology, the light-emitting gallium-nitride layers are grown on silicon wafers with a diameter of 150 millimeters. In the LED market, silicon is expected to replace sapphire in the coming years.
- The development of LED integrated silicon chips for light sources are useful in microelectronics too. According to the newly developed technology, the fabrication of silicon chips with fully integrated LEDs are done in which LEDs are bright enough and respond better to any light sensor and communication technologies. Further advancements in this technology could lead to not only modernized manufacturing, but also better performance for nano-sized electronics.
- Silicon materials are used mostly for computer chips, since it is an abundant and economic semiconductor material. But when it has to deal with optical properties, it is not very compatible to use and does not respond quite well to light sources. Hence, engineers mostly avoid the usage of silicon material when they have to connect LED technologies to a device’s computer chip. These factors are expected to affect the LED integrated silicon chips market during the forecast period.
Get Sample [email protected]
Key Drivers of the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- The LED integrated silicon chips market is expected to be driven by factors such as the increasing application of LED integrated silicon chips in electronic equipment. Increased efficiency of the electronic equipment with the usage of LED integrated silicon chips over the other (Non-silicon based) ICs is also expected to drive the LED integrated silicon chips market, since LED’s operate at low voltage.
- In addition, cheaper manufacturing cost and advancements such as improving LED performance and efficiency of newly developed products is driving the overall market. Electronic gadgets are miniaturizing at a rapid rate along with their increasing demand. For this, the design and silicon material of LED integrated silicon chips forms a cleaner crystal surface because of its nature. This helps manufacturers to place the small LED integrated silicon chips inside the compact sized electronic equipment and reduce the equipment size.
- The silicon chips are useful enough and competitive for these micro-scale applications. Silicon material allows silicon integrated circuits to communicate with one another directly with light instead of electric wires. This is good for manufacturers because silicon has an indirect band-gap and does not normally emit light.
Recent Developments and Innovations Driving the LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- Manufacturers have designed a silicon-based LED with specially engineered junctions that connects between different zones of the diode to enhance brightness. Manufacturers and researchers in consumer electronics and semiconductor industries are conducting innovations and developments in the product due to the increasing need for cost effective and miniaturized electronic components.
- On the other hand, in some electronic gadgets and devices, silicon-based CMOS chips are also used for computing; but, they are not efficient for illumination and communications, resulting in low efficiency and heat generation. This is why contemporary 5G mobile devices in the market heat up when used and could be shut down after a short time.
- In October 2019, Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), MIT’s research enterprise in Singapore, announced the successful development of a commercially viable way to manufacture integrated silicon III-V chips with high-performance III-V devices inserted into their design.
Request For PreBook Report @
North America to Lead the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
- The global LED integrated silicon chips market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is a significant market for LED integrated silicon chips due to the presence of several key market players.
- Substantial investment in research and development by various end-user segments in the region are anticipated to drive the LED integrated silicon chips market in North America
- North American Institutes, researchers, manufacturers, and companies that are mostly based in the United States are also developing new and technologically advanced products in the market.
- On the other hand, the market in Asia Pacific is also growing at a fast pace due to the various new manufacturers emerging from India. China and Japan are already active in the market and working on silicon based products such as wafer fabrication and chip manufacturing.
Key Players Operating in the Global LED Integrated Silicon Chips Market
Key players operating in the global LED integrated silicon chips market are:
- PRODUCTOS XUE S A S
- Intel Corp.
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad-hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
Transparency Market Research State Tower,
90 State Street,
Albany NY – 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]