Microsoft Outlook is one of the best email. It stores user data on OST or PST files; both are used for a similar approach. OST files stand for Offline Storage, and PST stands for Personal Storage. And as the name suggests OST file allows users to work in offline mode and it is a raw file. PST is used for data migration, backup and import-export. But don't worry, because in my opinion, if you are looking for Microsoft OST to PST converter tool, I don't think you need any details about OST and PST. So, let's start the blog why one might need Microsoft PST to PST conversion.
Reasons to convert OST to PST
- There are many situations when users need to convert OST to PST format. Below are some of them
- To access orphaned OST file data.
- Add the old Outlook profile with the new one.
- To recover corrupt OST file data.
- Users want to rebuild Exchange Server, but some data is not saved.
- These are some of the scenarios where users cannot access their Outlook and its content. And they need Microsoft OST to PST modification. Now the query is how to convert OST to PST.
How to Convert Microsoft OST to PST Format?
Your conversion options depend on a very important question, which is, "Are those OST files that you want to connect to the Outlook profile you currently have working with?"
- Open Outlook.
- Click on File option from the top left pane
- Then, click on Open & Export option and choose Import/Export from the options
- Now select Export to a file option and tap Next option.
- Then Outlook data file .pst. Choose
- Now select the folder or the entire Outlook account you want to export to PST.
- One can apply filters to include/exclude specific information
- Now browse to the location to save the resulting PST file and click on Finish.
If you are facing any technical issue to convert Microsoft OST to PST format by following above steps then contact Outlook Account Recovery Number and get immediate help from technicians.