Blepharoplasty, commonly known as eyelid surgery, has many benefits. As people age, they begin to get saggy skin especially around the eyes, which gives a tired and aged look to the face. Eyelid surgery can restore the youthful appearance in the eyes as it removes unwanted fat and excess muscle and skin tissue from the eyelids, making eyelids and eyes look healthier and more animated.
COSMETIC BENEFITS OF EYELID SURGERY:
- The improvement of the general appearance of the eyes is most common. Eyelid surgery is performed to remove excess fat that hides the natural crease in the upper eyelids. It also corrects the swelling of the upper eyelids that makes the eyes look tired. For lower eyelids, blepharoplasty can remove excess skin and correct fine lines and wrinkles. The under eye bags are also removed in Texas Cosmetic Surgery. It also corrects the drooping eyelids and exposes the white part of the eye under the iris.
- Eyelid surgery is often performed to correct some noticeable imperfection that affects the way an individual feels about their appearance. Successful eyelid surgery can make your eyes look younger and your eyes more attentive while increasing your self-esteem and confidence in your appearance as stated by Houston Cosmetic Surgeon.
FUNCTIONAL BENEFITS OF EYELID SURGERY:
Improved vision. The removal of excess skin can have aesthetic benefits; it can also restore peripheral vision that has been obstructed by sagging and drooping eyelids.
- Many purely aesthetic procedures are not covered by insurance providers since they are elective in nature. Because blepharoplasty can be performed in order to restore vision, many, if not most, insurance providers generally cover surgery that has a non-elective nature. A visual field test may be necessary to determine to what extent the excess skin restricts peripheral vision and to establish the true range of vision. Your surgeon can assist you in this procedure. Find a blepharoplasty surgeon for Eyelid Surgery Houston.
The best source to learn about eyelid surgery and its benefits is a qualified surgeon like the Cosmetic Surgery Specialist Texas. Your surgeon can talk with you about the details of blepharoplasty and the benefits it can offer. They also offer Chin Reduction Surgery Houston.
RECOVERY AFTER BLEPHAROPLASTY:
- Blepharoplasty requires certain care because the patient cannot expose the eyelid directly to the sun without protection (sunscreen or glasses) for 3-6 months, depending on the case.
- During the initial days, stated by Double Eyelid Surgery Houston, depending on the severity of the previous defect, the lower eyelid will be red, although it can be camouflaged with makeup from the fifth or sixth day. You must remain in relative rest for 24 hours and can perform a normal activity at 48 hours (camouflaging the area operated with sunglasses).
Coolsculpting Houston stated that patients with very severe excess of lower eyelid skin are not candidates for this technique. They will have to be operated on using the traditional technique to make a more extreme resection of the excess skin, since the laser produces a cutaneous reduction of 40- 50%, which would be insufficient in cases of very severe skin excess.