QuickBooks Desktop is the world’s leading accounting software that can handle almost all the accounting activities, including payroll, completing tax forms, generating financial reports, tracking cash in and out, etc.
Being used by thousands of solopreneurs and mid-sized businesses, QuickBooks Desktop is the world’s leading accounting software that can handle almost all the accounting activities, including payroll, completing tax forms, generating financial reports, tracking cash in and out, etc. However, no matter how perfectly designed and advantageous QuickBooks features are, using them is not at all free from errors and bugs. QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error is one such error that a user can encounter while trying to access the company file stored on the server at a different location, directly from any of the workstations. A user might see an error message with the error pop-up stating, “The company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” In this post, we will discuss with you the reasons that cause such a multi-user error along with the best solutions to get rid of it.
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.
What can be the reasons causing QBDBMgrN has stopped working error?
There can be several reasons behind the existence of QBDBMgrN has stopped working error, like as follows:
* The QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not working on the host computer.
* The Windows Firewall Defender is blocking QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet on the server computer.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the host computer
1. Open any web browser on the server computer.
2. Go to the official website of Intuit, find QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (220.127.116.11), and download it.
3. Click on the installation file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the onscreen instructions.
4. Finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing by accepting the terms and conditions.
5. Double-select the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to run the application.
6. At the left pane of the window, choose the Network Issues tab.
7. Click on the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
8. Select the Browse button to find and choose the company file on the computer.
9. After selecting the company file, click on the Start Scan button.
10. Once the QuickBooks Database Server Manager finishes scanning the company file, select the Close button.
Solution 2) Manually set the Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks Desktop
1. On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
2. Into the search box, type “Firewall” and select Windows Firewall Defender from the search results.
3. At the left panel of the window, click on the Advanced Settings link.
4. Right-click Inbound Rules and choose the New Rule option.
5. Choose the Port option and then click on the Next button.
6. Click on the TCP option and then enter the port number as per the QuickBooks Desktop version in the Specific local ports field.
7. Once you enter the port number, click on the Next button.
8. Choose the Allow the Connection option and then click on the Next button.
9. Make sure to select all the profiles as prompted and then click on the Next button.
10. Make a new rule with the name “QBPorts(version year).”
11. Click on the Finish button.
Even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if you can’t get over QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error, then there might be some network connectivity issues between the server and the workstation. Therefore, our recommendation for you is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the multi-user error from our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 1.800.579.0391.