Our lives would have been much easier if experts reveal the secret of Magento website maintenance. Well, no worries! You’d be relieved to know that this article discloses the full monthly checklist for effective maintenance of Magento websites. Website maintenance is an ongoing process that includes checking your website’s health, performance, and business profits. Therefore, you need to work on it correctly and in a timely manner.
So, how to maintain your website correctly, and how long do you need to do this for its regular maintenance? Well, keep reading on to know in detail.
Steps for Magento Website Maintenance Mode
Magento website maintenance involves some crucial steps that you need to follow daily. They include:
- Check Website Performance
Website performance analysis is the first step that you need to follow as it helps you identify and solve the problems. You need to monitor key features of your website such as web traffic, bounce rate, search engine visibility, orders, submissions, SEO technicalities, etc. You only need to add some important tools to your website, including Google search console, Google Analytics, Google PageSpeed, etc. These tools help in analyzing your website’s issues and areas of improvement.
- Test Website Speed
- Monitor Security Measure
Security is an important factor in Magento eCommerce website development. As an eCommerce store deals with daily money transactions, your website must be highly secure. Make sure you follow Magento security measures seriously.
- Magento 2 migration
- Updated Magento website version
- Integrate two-factor authentication
- The custom admin path setup
- Use of HTTPS/SSL
- Enable session expiration
- Take Magento security assessment Wisley
- Select a reliable website hosting partner
- Check Broken Links
Magento 2 migration or other website changes, where you might forget to fix the page links, can lead to issues related to broken links or dead links. These issues can be fixed manually on small websites, but for large and complex websites like eCommerce, you can use a broken link checker plugin or tools like Google search console.
If things seem complicated, you can always hire Magento experts who can do the job for you.
- Check Website Forms
Forms are common on eCommerce sites as it is the medium between the brand and its customers. A website form helps you collect customer data such as name, address, email, contact number, etc. Here are some useful tips to improve your website form:
- Reduced number of steps in the form make it less complex and time-taking
- Ask for only relevant personal information
- Convey only value in the website form copy
- Add prefilling and make use of multi-page form instead of scrolling
- Add save and resume buttons for complex and lengthy information
- Check Order Process Performance
To ensure that your user experience is working fine, you should check your order process performance. Evaluate your order processing parts, including add-to-cart, product navigation, payment, and checkout. Checking all these parts of your order processing will determine what your customer will buy or whether they’ll quit the process in the middle.
- Store Data Backup
Maintaining regular and updated backup is a major part of Magento website maintenance. You should protect your site from potential threats or crashes as far as possible. Storing data backups should be the first and last step of your website maintenance activities.
You can do it manually by exploring your fields and database or take assistance from any hosting provider or hire Magento experts.
- Update Website Content Regularly
Always try to keep your website content fresh, engaging, and unique. As technologies get updated every day, it is important to regularly update your website content. Also, make sure to build your content as per the digital marketing guidance and Google algorithms.
So, these are some of the critical processes of Magento website maintenance services. However, you cannot perform each one of them daily but at regular intervals of time.
Below is the checklist that you should follow like Magento experts:
Checklist for Daily Maintenance
- Order and shipment tracking
- Regular eCommerce market updates
- Visual assessment
- Inbox review for messages and inquiries
Checklist for Weekly Maintenance
- Content updates
- Data backup
- Scan and fix errors as early as possible
- Use various platforms to advertise your brand
- Keep a check on out of stock products
- Update new Magento features and trends
Checklist for Monthly Maintenance
- Page and website speed
- Contact forms test
- Store security checkup
- Updates related to discounts and promotional updates
- Tracking of Magento store performance reports
- Service and products updates
- Connect to customers who quit your site
Checklist for Yearly Maintenance
- Keep an eye on your competitors
- Make strategic plans for your Magento store
- Remove unnecessary data and extensions
- Account tracking
- Timely Magento store upgrades
- Test your strategies in the market
Magento website maintenance is not an easy task to perform, so it is important to have in-depth knowledge or hire Magento experts for the job. A Magento development company offers a professional Magento website maintenance service as a part of their comprehensive Magento development services and addresses everything your Magento websites might need.