Chromebook is a Tablet or Laptop size device designed by Google to help users get things faster and quicker. It runs on the operating system ChromeOS, which has cloud storage and provides multiple layers of security. In this blog, we will guide you on how to install a Printer in Chromebook using USB. You can install a printer using a USB or wireless connection.
- Wi-Fi Sync
- Offline work facility
- Screen Capture
- Phone Hub
- App shortcuts
Things you need before you install your Printer on Chromebook
- A USB cable connected to your printer or system and wireless network password if you use a wireless connection.
- A Chromebook with the latest Chrome OS update.
- A printer with ink shells installed and loaded papers.
Steps to Install a Printer in Chromebook
Printers having LCD Control Panel or Touchscreen
We will discuss below how to install a printer in Chromebook. Now, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Change Printer Settings
- First, turn on the printer and click Setup> Network> Wireless menu on the printer screen.
- Tap on the Settings button.
- Now, press the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network and enter the password.
- Finally, choose to connect, and then OK.
- Now, your printer is connected to Chromebook successfully.
The printer that doesn’t have a touchscreen
- First, tap on the cancel and wireless buttons together until you see the power button light. You also need to wait until the light of the wireless button flashes.
- If you have tango printers, you will find the wireless button on the back, tap on it and hold for 4-5 seconds.
- You can see the light in front flashes.
- Now, within 2 hours, tap on the Wi-Fi protected setup button or WPS. And hold the button for some time to begin the connection process.
- When you have established the connection, wireless light will stop blooming on the printer.
Step 2: Install Printer in Chromebook
- You need to go to the Chromebook and tap the Clock that appears at your right bottom side.
- Now, press the Settings icon.
- Scroll and press on Advanced at the bottom.
- Scroll and tap on Printers.
- Press on the Add Printer button.
- On your screen, tap on your printer name and click on Add.
How to Print from a Chromebook
Use Google Cloud Print
Many new printers have a Wi-Fi connection, and many of these printers are consistent with Google Cloud Print. First, you need to start up your home printer, connect it with the internet and Google Cloud Print. The procedure for every printer is different, so you need to have some research to fix them.
Now, switch on your Chromebook and start printing. Once you have paired your printer to the internet, tap on your Google Account image in Chrome. Choose Settings, and then select Advanced. Now, go to the Printers option and choose Printers.
You will see a button called Add Printers. Click on it, and you will see the printers’ list. If you can see your printer on that list, choose to add. Now, you have connected your Chromebook to Google Cloud Print, and you can start printing pages.
You must be facing issues with how to connect the Printer to Chromebook. This helps you to print pages non-stop. We have provided some steps on how to connect your printer to Chromebook. Nowadays, Chromebook is famous among users due to its awesome features.
Source :- https://ijstartca-non.ijcanstart.com/steps-to-install-printer-on-a-chromebook/