Trade is a very crucial factor in the economy of China. The US trades in goods with China. Even after the US and China are locked in a bitter trade battle, US-China trade alone supports roughly 2.6 million jobs in the US across a range of industries. As the Chinese middle class continues its rapid expansion over the next decade, the US industries have a new and lucrative customer base that can help boost the USA economy.
When it comes to Shipping from China to US, freight cost and transit time are the major questions on the mind.
Who said international shipping is easy? Figuring out how to ship goods from China to the US can be pretty complex. Losing time due to shipping delays is the most annoying thing. It can be a frustrating problem, but there’s nothing that can’t be solved.
What is the cheapest way to ship from China to the US? Shipping from China to Amazon FBA one of the most considered option today when sending to Amazon warehouse.
The most important thing here to look at is the cost of shipping. Let’s look at the ways to reduce the freight cost;
- Shipping small packages from China: If you are shipping small packages such as some kind of product sample; the shipping can kill. You are safer if you fall on;
- Regular Post- is the most economical option for shipping small, lightweight packages. China mail offers several options namely surface mail for small parcels, air parcels and many others. The important thing is to carefully check all the options and compare the courier charges well before going for an option. The heavier the package, the more convenient will be the freight cost. The con is that you will have to deal with the long waiting time.
- China Express Shipping- Express freights are more reliable and quicker as compared to the mail. Express mail is quite a convenient and cheap option for packages up to 150 kg.
- Freight Shipments: freight shipments from China to the US are possible through Airfreight and shipping via sea.
- Standard air freight is one of the cheapest sources of shipment from China. At about $3 per kg, you can ship from about 150 kg to 500 kg through air freights. Airfreight is the fastest yet the most effective way to send shipments. Freight fares change very frequently, so make sure you pay a little more attention while shipping and keep an eye on the charges.
- Shipment through Sea is the cheapest source of sending goods from one place to another. If the shipments weigh more than 500 kg, it is better to ship via sea. With the expansion of routes worldwide, the sea though takes more time yet it seems to be a better option. Expedited freight, commonly called premium services have also started by a few sea shipment companies, which are a little expensive. Similar to airfreight, sea shipment also have varied fares, so make sure you get the best deal.
Sometimes, the cost of lost sales is more important than the cost of freight. The golden rule for lead times is 1-2 weeks for regular post, 3-4 days for express freight, 30-40 days for sea freight and about 8-10 days for airfreight.