QuickBooks installation errors are very annoying. One of them is QuickBooks error 1328 that shows up while installing, uninstalling or repairing the QuickBooks desktop application. The error comes up on the screen with a message displaying, “Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” The error clearly describes which update file is causing the error. This blog will give you in-depth information on QuickBooks installation error 1328, its causes and solutions, so continue reading the entire blog.
If you are facing any trouble resolving QuickBooks error 1328, then get assistance from the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our toll-free number (+1 800-579-9430)
Reasons why you come across QuickBooks installation error 1328
The user encounters the error due to the following reasons:
- You have entered an incorrect license number.
- QuickBooks installation files are damaged or corrupted.
- You are using an outdated Windows operating system.
- QuickBooks desktop application is damaged.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
You may also Read QuickBooks Error 15270
Most Reliable Methods for QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328
Following are some proven troubleshooting steps to resolve the error:
Method 1. Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The tool will help you fix common installation errors. To run the tool, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer. Here’s how:
- First, you need to close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Get the newer version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the file to Downloads so you can easily find it.
- Locate the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and open it.
- Now, follow the prompt steps and start the installation process.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub.
- From there, choose Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- Wait for the tool to complete.
- At last, restart your workstation.
If you still get the error, try the following method.
Method 2. Freshly install QuickBooks using the clean install
Before proceeding to clean install, do a basic reinstall of QuickBooks. If it doesn’t resolve the error, follow the steps given below:
- Foremost, get a new install file of QuickBooks.
- Note down the license number, product year and version.
- Don’t forget to backup your company file.
- You are ready to uninstall QuickBooks:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Open Control Panel.
- Choose Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Select the QuickBooks desktop version you are using from the list of programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the prompt steps to uninstall completely.
- Get the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub and install it.
- From the tool hub, run the Clean Install Tool.
- Once the tool finishes, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application.
That’s all we can do to help you resolve QuickBooks error 1328. We hope you find it helpful. If you are still struggling with the same error, you need to consult the experienced and certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our helpline number (+1 800-579-9430). They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting steps for the same.