Photo luminescent Film Market: Introduction
- Photo luminescent films, commonly known as glow-in-the-dark films, absorb natural light or artificial light. On removal of the light source, the stored light is gradually released, which provides a lustrous effect.
- Photo luminescent films are dimensionally stable, durable, multilayered films, which can be electro cut, hand cut, cold and hot kiss cut, or screen printed to produce interior glow in dark signs and markings including safety signage in buildings, ships, and trains.
- The intensity of emitted light depends on various factors such as luminosity of the surrounding light, distance of the Photo luminescent film from the light source, type of pigment, and size of pigment particles
- Photo luminescent films can generally be used for lettering and emergency identification on flat surfaces and for direction signage
- Photo luminescent films are primarily intended for interior luminous signs and markings including safety signage in buildings
Growth of Building & Construction Sector to Drive Global Photo luminescent Film Market
- The global building & construction industry has witnessed significant transformations over the last 10 years. The industry has witnessed significant innovations over the last decade. Rise in urbanization is fueling the demand for residential, commercial, and industrial infrastructure.
- In the construction sector, Photo luminescent films are used in safety escape signs, panels, tapes, labels, and route markers in emergency egress systems
- Photo luminescent films are suitable for use on baseboards and chair rail moldings, handrails and ladders, and obstacles such as standpipes. They are also suitable for use on door frames and as perimeter markings on smooth, sealed surfaces. Once applied, a Photo luminescent film cannot easily repositioned or removed from a surface.
- Thus, growth of the building & construction sector is projected to fuel the global market for Photo luminescent films in the next few years
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research – https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rising-demand-for-environment-friendly-packaging-solutions-spells-growth-in-stone-paper-market-market-projected-to-surpass-valuation-of-us-1-3-bn-by-2030-tmr-301242236.html
Different Types of Photo luminescent Films
- Photo luminescent films are of different types such as vinyl and polyester. A Photo luminescent polyester film is a specialty Photo luminescent non-coated rigid film that is employed for directional signage, identification of fire alarms, fire extinguishers, and evacuation routes.
- A Photo luminescent vinyl film is a soft and flexible vinyl, which glows in the dark for more than 12 hours after absorbing the visible light for 5–30 minutes. It is available in the form of rolls and with adhesive and non-adhesive backing. Photo luminescent vinyl film products include Photo luminescent plotter films, silk-screen printing Photo luminescent films, solvent ink printing Photo luminescent vinyl films, eco-solvent ink printing Photo luminescent films, and inkjet ink printing glow in the dark paper.
- High-performance Photo luminescent films are used for safety and emergency exit signage. Photo luminescent films with rigid sheets are intrinsically safe and sustainable materials used in exit signs, safety signs, and egress path markings in buildings, planes, trains, and ships.
High Prices of Raw Materials Required for Production of Photo luminescent Films
- Raw materials used in the manufacture of Photo luminescent films include strontium aluminate powder and copper-activated zinc sulfide powder. Zinc sulfide prices are largely affected by the demand for zinc and its ores.
- Strontium aluminate possesses better properties than activated zinc sulfide, as pigments based on strontium aluminate can emit glow for a longer duration and with higher intensity. However, prices of strontium aluminate are higher than its substitutes. This is likely to hamper the global Photo luminescent film market during the forecast period.
- Extensive research and development is being carried out to lower the prices of raw materials and utilize them more efficiently. Employment of nanotechnology can also lower the consumption of raw materials during the manufacturing process.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Photo luminescent Film Market here
Asia Pacific Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Photo luminescent Film Market
- Geographically, the global Photo luminescent film market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of Photo luminescent films across the world, followed by North America and Europe. Asia Pacific is also expected to lead the global Photo luminescent film market in the near future, due to rise in the demand for these films in the building & construction sector in the region. Rise in construction activities in countries such as China, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Malaysia has fueled the demand for Photo luminescent films.
- The Europe Photo luminescent film market is led by Germany, France, and the U.K. The market in the region is primarily driven by increasing demand from transportation and building & construction industries in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global Photo luminescent film market is fragmented, with players in the market focusing on integrating advanced technologies to gain higher market share. These players are offering a complete portfolio of products and they are focusing on different business strategies to strengthen their position in the market.
Request for covid19 Impact Analysis - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=72402
Key players operating in the global Photo luminescent film market include:
- EverGlow NA Inc.
- L&B Group Co, Ltd.
- Zhejiang Minhui Luminous Technology Co., Ltd
- Jessup Manufacturing Company
Global Photo luminescent Film Market: Research Scope
Global Photo luminescent Film Market, by Type
Global Photo luminescent Film Market, by Application
- Building & Construction
- Others (Including Industrial)