Skin Aesthetic Devices Market: Introduction
- Skin aesthetic devices are used in various applications including facial & body contouring, congenital defect repair, and reconstructive surgeries
- Skin aesthetic devices use radiofrequency, ultrasound, laser, and other sources of energy for correction of aforementioned body anomalies
- Skin aesthetic procedures are used in hospitals and dermatology or cosmetics centers
- Increase in demand for aesthetic care for skin rejuvenation and skin repair is the latest trend in the skin care market
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market
- Rise in focus on the body as a vehicle for self-expression and identity, with a greater recognition of the role of appearance and the desire for self-improvement is projected to boost the growth of the global skin aesthetic devices market
- Increase in the geriatric population is anticipated to fuel the growth of the global skin aesthetic devices market. An article published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery stated that the population in the U.S. aged above 65 is likely to reach 88.5 million by 2050, an increase of 105% from that in 2015.
- Inclination toward minimally invasive procedures leading to increase in number of surgeries is expected to augment the global market. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 4,189,830 facial and head procedures were performed across the globe in 2017.
- Rise in health care expenditure is also likely to fuel the growth of the global skin aesthetic devices market
- High cost is a major factor influencing the selection of treatment. The cost of device depends on the features. Hence, high cost of the treatment is anticipated to restrain the global skin aesthetic devices market.
- Increase in awareness about cosmetic surgeries, rise in prevalence of breast cancer, and government initiatives in developing countries present lucrative opportunities in the global market
Request For Custom Research:
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market
- North America is expected to account for major share of the global skin aesthetic devices market due to rise in prevalence of congenital facial defects. According to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC), in the U.S., about 1 in every 1,600 babies is born with cleft lip and cleft palate. Moreover, early adoption of technological advanced products is likely to drive the market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. The growth of the market in the region is attributed to rise in prevalence of breast cancer. Moreover, surge in geriatric population is anticipated to fuel the growth of the market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market
The global skin aesthetic devices market is highly consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. Demand for skin aesthetic devices has increased in emerging as well as developing markets. Leading players are engaged in merger & acquisition, which is expected to boost the growth of the global skin aesthetic devices market. In September 2018, Syneron Candela announced the acquisition of Ellipse. This acquisition enabled Syneron Candela to strengthen its footprint in multiple applications and provide a compressive product portfolio. In April 2017, Allergan completed the acquisition of ZELTIQ Aesthetics, Inc. This expanded Allergan’s global aesthetic business into the highly-complementary and fast-growing body contouring segment.
Major players operating in the global skin aesthetic devices market are:
- Venus Concept
- Solta Medical (Valeant Pharmaceuticals)
- BTL INDUSTRIES, Inc.
- Alma Lasers
- Genesis Biosystems, Inc.
- MERZ PHARMACEUTICALS
Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market, by Technology
- Ultrasound Technology
- Radiofrequency Technology
- Laser Technology
Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market, by Application
- Hair Removal
- Skin Tightening
- Fat Reduction
- Breast Enhancement
- Body Contouring
- Tattoo Removal
Global Skin Aesthetic Devices Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Cosmetic Centers
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyse information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453