In this article, we will concentrate on the causes that cause you to have your Epson Printer go unresponsive and the best way to fix the issue.
Causes of Epson printers to be in the state of error:
There are a variety of reasons why epson printer in error state we don't have a clue as to what the cause is. There are many possibilities:
- Due to an outdated driver
- Printer not assigned as a default
- Due to the offline status of the printer
- Improper network connection
- Spooler service Error
- Paper jammed issue
These steps will help you correct Epson Printer errors:
If you're experiencing issues with the error state of your Epson Printer, follow the procedure below step-by-step.
1. Deactivate offline printing features
To determine if the Epson Printer is from an error state If it's offline, you should check offline. Follow this method to bring it available:
- Start the Run Dialog box and then enter "control panel" and press enter.
- Then click on "Device and Printers".
- In the printers list, click right and choose 'See what's printing.
- Click on printer and check whether there's an option to "use offline printer". You can remove the tick from that checkmark.
- Then close the window and then restart your printer.
Now, the error within the Epson printer will be corrected and you'll be able to use the printer.
2. Make your printer the default printer
Your Epson Printer may show an error message when the printer isn't configured in a default configuration. Default To fix this you must follow these steps:
- Follow the steps above, now Click to open your Device as well as the Printer.
- Right-click on the desired printer and choose Set as the default printer.
3. Verify your Print Spooler Service
To fix it and check it Follow the steps below:
- First, open the run's dialog box, and start typing service.MSc presses the OK button.
- In the service window, select print spooler, then do your right-click. If the service has stopped, click to start or restart button.
- Make sure that the type of startup is set to auto. If not, proceed to the following step.
- Right-click the print spooler, and then select the properties of the print spooler.
- Click on the general tab. Select the startup type "Automatic" by selecting the dropdown menu. Then, click the service, and then click OK.
- If you do this, you'll find solutions to this issue that you are experiencing with your Epson Printer.
4. Remove all print jobs
Error states on The Epson Printer also come if the print queue on the printer is unable to move. In this case, you have to clean the print queue by the following steps:
- As we've already mentioned the steps to the spooler, right select the spooler to close the service.
- Then minimize the service window and open the file explorer on My PC and copy-paste this command -%windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- In the address bar, press enters It is this area where all printing jobs are saved.
- Select all files that are in the printer folder, and remove them all.
- Return to the window for service and then right-click on the spooler and then restart the spooler.
- Then turn off the printer and let it sit for a couple of minutes.
- Restart your printer again to verify that the Epson Printer is in an error state that was corrected by this fix.
5. Install the latest version of your printer driver if you have a problem. Printer Driver
The driver for your printer must be maintained up-to-date to ensure it is sure that your Epson Printer never goes to errors or have problems.
- Start the Run dialog box on the windows search and enter the "devmgmt. MSC" command, then press Enter.
- After the device manager has opened in the device manager, under the queue for printers click on the Epson Printer, then click on the option to update the driver'.
- The next window will appear with two options. Click on the "Search Automatically for Driver" option. After that, follow the screen instructions.
- Try to test the print, and verify whether you can determine if the "Epson Printer in error" issue was resolved or not.
These were a few simple steps to follow if your Epson Printer is not working properly. We're hoping these steps work for you.