- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the microcontrollers market for the historical period 2017–2019 and the forecast period 2021–2031, rise in demand from the consumer electronics industry; increase in industrial automation; and surge in demand for 5G network equipment, servers, and electric and autonomous vehicles (EV) are expected to boost the microcontrollers market during the forecast period
High Adoption of Internet of Things (IoT): Key Driver of Microcontrollers Market
- Rate of adoption of Internet of things (IoT) is considerably high in various end-use industries such as automotive, consumer electronics, aerospace & defense, IT & telecommunication, and healthcare
- Currently, rise in demand for Internet of Things (IoT) microprocessors due to the expanding web of connected devices, which include smartphones, televisions, tablets, home appliances, gaming consoles, smart meters, and security systems, is projected to boost the global microcontroller market during the forecast period
- Significant expansion of web of devices propels the demand for IoT microcontrollers, which, in turn, is anticipated to fuel the global microprocessors market. Additionally, initiatives taken by various government to boost Industry 4.0 is anticipated to drive the global microprocessor market.
- Microcontrollers are one of the most in-demand electronic components, with a wide range of applications in only about every industry vertical. Modern electronic devices are increasingly becoming dependent on these systems for the computing power needed for operations.
- Thus, high rate of adoption of Internet of things (IoT) is expected to fuel the demand for microcontrollers over the next few years
- However, design complexities in high-speed and power-critical applications may hamper the market. However, presently, various end-use industries have shifted toward the use of microcontrollers, due to their low cost and compact size.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Microcontrollers Market
Increasing Use of Building and Home Automation Systems
- Demand for microcontrollers is expected to increase substantially, owing to a rise in the adoption of microcontrollers in home automation. Technological developments have led to the reduction in the size and cost of microcontrollers due to the miniaturization of electronic home instruments, which in turn is expected to offer new opportunities for the market.
- Moreover, the use of microcontrollers in smart devices, such as wearables, smoke detectors, thermostats, and glass breakage detection systems, is increasing, owing to their ultra-low power consumption and integrated high-performance analog features
- The residential sector is a major market for smart thermostat usage in smart homes, which also propels the global microcontrollers market
- These factors are projected to boost the microcontrollers market during the forecast period
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Microcontrollers Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of microcontrollers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the microcontrollers market are
- Analog Devices Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductor
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- On Semiconductor
- Maxim Integrated
- Toshiba Corporation.
Microcontrollers Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of the microcontrollers, such as Analog Devices Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microchip Technology Inc., and NXP Semiconductor, are focused on the design of cost-effective microcontrollers to attract more customers. Other key developments in the microcontrollers market have been highlighted below:
- In September 2019, NXP Semiconductor launched the first K32 L series MCUs – the K32 L3 MCU family. This newly launched MCU family targets power-conscious end nodes and can enable a wide range of general-purpose industrial and Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications
- In March 2019, Renesas Electronics Corporation acquired Integrated Device Technology (IDT). This acquisition offers a wide range of embedded solutions, by combining IDT’s RF, smart sensors with its microcontrollers, system-on-chips, memory interface, real-time interconnect, wireless power, and power management ICs
- In December 2018, Microchip launched a new microcontroller, namely PIC16F18877, which offers new power conserving functionality, including Idle/Doze operating modes and Peripheral Module Disable (PMD) in addition to XLP low-power technology
- In November 2016, Microchip launched an 8-bit tinyAVR microprocessor. This newly launched device is supported by Atmel START, an innovative online tool for intuitive, graphical configuration of embedded software projects.
- In the microcontroller’s market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of the sputtering target. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the microcontrollers market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Now avail flexible Research Subscriptions, and access Research multi-format through downloadable databooks, infographics, charts, interactive playbook for data visualization and full reports through MarketNgage, the unified market intelligence engine. Sign Up for a 7 day free trial!
Transparency Market Research
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]