What is cardiac catheterization?
Cardiac catheterization is a procedure to examine how well your heart is working. It is also called a “cardiac cath” or a “heart cath” A thin, hollow tube called a catheter is inserted into a large blood vessel that leads to your heart. During cardiac catheterization, Dr. Kartik Bhosale may:
- Check the pressure in the four chambers of your heart
- Assess your heart’s chambers as they contract
- Take blood samples to measure the oxygen levels in each chamber
- Look for defects in the valves or chambers of your heart
- Biopsy a small piece of heart tissue
Why Do I Need Cardiac Catheterization?
Your doctor uses cardiac cath to:
- Check for heart disease (such as coronary artery disease, heart valve disease, or disease of the aorta)
- Check how your heart muscle is working
- Place a stent if a blockage is found
How the Test is performed?
You will get medicine before the test to help you relax. Dr. Kartik Bhosale will clean a site on your arm, neck, or groin and insert a line into one of your veins. This is called an intravenous (IV) line.
A larger thin plastic tube called a sheath is placed into a vein or artery in your leg or arm. Then longer plastic tubes called catheters are carefully moved up into the heart using live x-rays as a guide. Then the Dr. Kartik Bhosale can:
- Collect blood samples from the heart
- Measure pressure and blood flow in the heart’s chambers and in the large arteries around the heart
- Measure the oxygen in different parts of your heart
- Examine the arteries of the heart
- Perform a biopsy on the heart muscle
For some procedures, you may be injected with a dye that helps your provider to visualize the structures and vessels within the heart. If you have a blockage, you may have angioplasty and a stent placed during the procedure.
What is the cost of cardiac catheterization in Pune?
The average cost of the cardiac catheterization in Pune ranges from Rs. 16,000 to Rs. 30,000. Also cost depends upon the hospital, heart specialist, an instrument used, and patient health condition.
How to book an appointment?
Dr. Kartik Bhosale provides the best treatment for various heart diseases in Pimpri-Chinchwad and Pune. For more information about our comprehensive treatment options, or to request an appointment with the best cardiologist in Pune call 8826429101 or Click on Book Appointment for online booking with your near hospital.