Pacemaker Implantation is a well-known term for people who face problems related to heartbeats. Dr. Kartik Bhosale suggests patients’ temporary or pacemaker implantation procedures when they really need this. Dr. Kartik Bhosale performs many pacemaker implantation procedures during his more than 8 years of experience in the field of cardiology.
A pacemaker is a device that sends small electrical impulses to the heart muscle to maintain a suitable heart rate or to stimulate the lower chambers of the heart (ventricles). A pacemaker may also be used to treat fainting spells (syncope), congestive heart failure, and hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Dr. Kartik Bhosale may recommend this device to keep your heartbeat from slowing down to a dangerously low rate.
Why would you need a pacemaker?
Dr.Kartik Bhosale may advise a pacemaker when your heart beats too slowly and this can’t be fixed with other treatments. A pacemaker will cause a faster heart rate. Also, some examples of problems for which a pacemaker might be needed include:
- Bradycardia: This is when the heart beats too slowly.
- Tachy-Brady syndrome: This is characterized by alternating fast and slow heartbeats.
- Heart block: This occurs when the electrical signal is delayed or blocked as it travels through the heart muscle. There are several types of heart blocks.
Who needs a temporary pacemaker and who needs a permanent one?
If you have a temporary problem with heart rhythm, you may need just a temporary pacemaker. Your doctor can attach a small device to your skin that sends an electronic signal to your heart.
If you have serious heart rhythm conditions as mentioned above, your cardiologist may suggest a permanent pacemaker installation. If the electrical pathway described above is interrupted for any reason, changes in the heart rate and rhythm occur that make a pacemaker necessary.
Pacemaker implantation – Procedure:
- Implanting a pacemaker typically takes one to two hours. You’ll receive a sedative to relax you and a local anesthetic to numb the incision site. You’ll be awake during the procedure.
- Dr. Kartik Bhosale will make a small incision near your shoulder. They’ll guide a small wire through the incision into a major vein near your collarbone. he will lead the wire through your vein to your heart. An X-ray machine will help guide your surgeon through the process.
- Using the wire, Dr. Kartik Bhosale will attach an electrode to your heart’s right ventricle. The ventricle is the lower chamber of the heart. The other end of the wire attaches to a pulse generator. This contains the battery and electrical circuits.
- In the end, he will close your incision with stitches.
What is the cost of Pacemaker implantation in Pune?
The average cost of pacemaker surgery in Pune is usually between Rs. 2,75,000 to Rs. 3,00,000. But it varies depending on the hospital and cardiologist team.
How to book an appointment?
Dr. Kartik Bhosale provides the best treatment for various heart diseases in Pimpri-Chinchwad and Pune. For more information about our comprehensive treatment options, or to request an appointment with the best cardiologist in Pune call 8826429101 or Click on Book Appointment for online booking with your near hospital.