Without any doubt, Hulu is one such streaming service that is ruling the hearts of people since it came into existence. With a number of popular shows to stream, the number of Hulu subscribers is reaching new heights every day. However, those users who were focusing on which is better streaming service between Hulu vs Hulu live should rather focus on how they can stream their favorite shows offline.
Because, to stream shows on Hulu, you must have a valid Hulu subscription, high-speed internet connection, and a device on which you can activate your subscription via Hulu Activate.
However, if you are always moving to some of the other places and wish to watch your favorite show without having to worry about the internet connection, then there is good news for you.
You can always stream some of the Hulu content offline after downloading it on your device. But, the question is, how does this Hulu offline service work.
What is the Hulu offline content feature?
As we are well aware of the fact that you can download the shows from different streaming services and watch them on the go, but most of us did not know that this service is available with Hulu as well.
Well, you can watch some content even if you are offline or not connected to the internet. This means you can get entertained when you are commuting from one place to another or when you get a little free time. The download feature is available for most of the Hulu Original shows and some other shows as well.
However, currently, you can only download 25 titles which means if you wish to download more shows, you need to delete the older ones.
Pre-requisites for downloading
The offline content download feature is available for select Hulu packages which include:
- Hulu No Ads and Premium + Live TV
- The ad-free version of Hulu + Live TV
- Also, you need to have the latest version of the Hulu app.
- Supported Hulu device.
Steps to download offline Hulu content
- The first thing you need to ensure is that your device has a stable internet connection.
- When you start downloading the content via www.hulu.com/activate, you will receive a notification about the data consumption.
- Now, either navigate to the web version or open the Hulu app on your device.
- Then, click on the 'Search' icon at the top.
- Further, select 'Downloadable' to proceed further.
- Now, select the title you want to download.
- And. Go to the 'Details' page to know more about it.
- Further, locate the 'Download' icon with a 'Down' arrow.
- Click on this icon to initiate the download process.
- If needed, you'll be asked to clear some storage on your device.
In case you wish to download more than 25 titles, then you may do so by deleting the titles that you have already watched. To do so, you need to navigate to the 'Downloads' folder and click on the 'Edit' button. After that, you need to take some more steps to delete the surplus videos.