The Covid-19 pandemic has brought a huge change in the education sector. It has resulted in the closure of schools all over the world. Students globally are out of classroom teaching since the last year. As a result, there has been a distinctive rise of e-learning where teaching is undertaken on digital platforms which have enabled students to continue their education from the safety and comfort of their homes.
Currently, there are more than 1.2 billion children in 186 countries affected due to closure of schools due to the pandemic. To make sure that the education of children does not suffer at any cost, schools, colleges and all other forms of educational institutions have started taking online classes. Many academics believe that this shift from offline to online learning might continue even after the pandemic due to its numerous advantages. There has been a significant increase in the usage of various language apps, virtual tutoring, video conferencing tools, and online learning software since Covid-19 outbreak.
The last decade saw a tremendous growth of e-Learning platforms and now the advantages of online tuition classes are more than ever. Various platforms that provide online classes for all subjects and now they are the need of the hour to make sure that education and learning of students do not suffer due to the worldwide pandemic.
Here are a few advantages of online classes:
1. Flexible- Online tuition classes are flexible as it enables the teacher and the student to set their own learning pace. There are various online classes for all subjects offer the students the flexibility of learning any time they want. The learners can take classes anytime they are free. There is no need for the learners to get dressed up or travel to and from the classroom.
2. Accessible- Accessibility of time and place is another advantage of online classes. Students can attend their classes from any location of their choice. It removes the restriction of geographical boundaries. Further, online classes can be recorded and shared for future reference. This helps students to access the learning material any time they want.
3. Affordable- Online tuition classes are far more affordable as compared to physical learning. Online classes eliminate the cost of transportation, student meals and real estate. As all the courses and study materials are available online it helps to create a paperless learning environment which is more affordable and also beneficial for the environment.
4. Customized learning experience- Flexibility enables educators to set the learning pace according to individual learners. Online classes are flexible for each student individual requirements and level of ability. As online tuition classes are smaller than conventional class size, it allows greater interaction and better feedback between the learner and the teacher.
5. Efficient- Online tuition classes offer teachers an efficient way to deliver lessons to students. E-learning has many tools like videos, PDFs, podcasts and teachers can use all these tools as part of their lesson plans to make their lessons more efficient. Traditional textbooks are being replaced by online resources.
6. Increase in student attendance ratio- As online tuition classes can be taken from the comfort and safety of a home or any location of the learner choice, there are fewer chances of students missing out on lessons.
Students should enroll for online classes for all subjects as they are easily accessible, efficient and affordable.