While trying to login into your AOL mail account, coming across login issues is not something uncommon. One such issue among several others is AOL Mail login Blerk Error 1. So, when you come across this error, you get confused as to what this means and what steps you need to take in order to fix it. Therefore, in this post, we shall be trying to have a glance at the necessary things you need to do in order to eradicate the issue so that you can gain access to your account once again.
What does Blerk error 1 in AOL Mail mean?
When you try to access your AOL mail account using your AOL mail login credentials, you may come across this error message which simply means that some authentication issues arose when you were trying to log in. This generally happens when you use an older version of any web browser which has stored a lot of user data in its cache memory. So, you must immediately fix this issue in order to get to AOL mail once again.
Ways to fix AOL Mail Blerk Error 1
You must configure your security preferences in Google Chrome as well as Safari:
(Note: the steps might slightly vary for other web browsers)
In Google Chrome
- Open the Chrome browser on your PC.
- Click on the "More" option and select "Settings."
- Go to the "Privacy and Security" section.
- From here, you can choose which settings you wish to keep enabled/ disabled.
- You can also choose how you want cookies to control your browser.
- After making the necessary configurations, you should save the changes.
- Open the Safari app on your Mac.
- After that, go to the "Security Preferences" tab.
- Here, turn on the "Security warnings."
- Else, go to the "Preferences" section.
- And, select the "Security" option.
- Make the necessary settings and you are done.
After making these changes, you can retry to access your AOL Mail login account. In case of further issues, you must check if you are visiting the authentic website or not. At times, you might not be able to make it whether a site is authentic or not. In that case, just navigate to the official website of AOL (www.aol.com) and you will find the "Login" option there.