Fecal Calprotectin Test: Introduction
- Fecal calprotectin test is a non-invasive clinical laboratory test that is used as a protein biomarker for the diagnosis of gastrointestinal disorders such as inflammatory bowel diseases, gastrointestinal infections, celiac disease, and colorectal cancer
- Calprotectin is a protein produced by the white blood cells. It is found in saliva, blood, stool, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine. Increase in level of calprotectin in stool is an indication of presence of gastrointestinal inflammation.
- Fecal calprotectin test is a quantitative measurement test that is usually carried out with the enzyme linked immunoassay (ELISA) technique. The test measures the level of inflammation in the bowel. Thus, it is inflammation specific and not disease specific.
- Fecal calprotectin test is primarily used as a protein biomarker in order to distinguish inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis from irritable bowel syndrome. This test also helps predict the relapse of the inflammatory bowel disease, therapeutic drug monitoring, and gastrointestinal disease prognosis.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Fecal Calprotectin Test Market: Key Drivers
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease, celiac disease, colorectal cancer across the globe is one of the factors expected to drive the global fecal calprotectin test market during the forecast period
- According to a research article published in the Lancet Journal in 2017, more than 6.7 million people were suffering from inflammatory bowel disease across the globe in the year
- According to Globocan, 1.8 million new cases of colorectal cancer were diagnosed across the globe in 2018. Colorectal cancer is the third most deadly and fourth most commonly diagnosed cancer worldwide.
- Low cost of the test, ease of conducting the test, non-invasive nature of the test, and high clinical importance of calprotectin test are estimated to boost the market during the forecast period
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Inflammatory Bowel Disease Indication Segment to be Highly Attractive
- In terms of indication, the global market can be segmented into inflammatory bowel disease, colorectal cancer, celiac disease, and others. The inflammatory bowel disease segment is estimated to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease is one of the prominent factors anticipated to augment the segment during the forecast period
Enquiry Before Buying Fecal Calprotectin Test Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=78383
Diagnostic laboratories End-user Segment to be Highly Lucrative
- Based on end-user, the global calprotectin test market can be classified into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, and academic & research institutes. The diagnostic laboratories segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Presence of large numbers of diagnostic laboratories, easy availability and accessibility of test at these centers, and low cost are factors that are estimated to drive the diagnostic laboratories segment in the near future
Request For Discount - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=D&rep_id=78383
Asia Pacific Fecal Calprotectin Test Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global fecal calprotectin test market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is likely to dominate the global market during the forecast period. High prevalence of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer and rise in aging population are factors likely to boost the market in the region during the forecast period
- The fecal calprotectin test market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to rise in incidence rate of inflammatory bowel disease and colorectal cancer disease in densely populated countries such as India and China; and improvement in health care infrastructure in the region.
- High growth rate of the health care industry, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players in Asia Pacific are also expected to fuel the market in the region in the near future
Pre-Book Fecal Calprotectin Test Market Report - https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=78383<ype=S
Key Players Operating in Global Fecal Calprotectin Test Market
The global fecal calprotectin test market is fragmented, with large number of global players holding major share.
More Trending Reports by Transparency Market Research:
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 Sate Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453