An automatic metering system is the remote collection of consumption data from utility metres, such as electric metres, radiofrequency, telephony, power-line, satellite communications technologies, and processing the data to generate the bill.
Other countries are now using the automatic metering system to collect readings and bill customers. In India, the electricity billing system is extremely manual. Electric metres can be found in homes, offices, and manufacturing facilities.
Meter readers go to the location, usually inside the house, and take the metre reading. Most of the time, the owner gives the metre reader extra money in exchange for fewer metre readings. As a result, corruption occurs, and the service provider does not receive payment. As a result, the provider suffers a significant loss each year. In the current situation, an automatic metering system must be implemented in India.
Types of Automatic Metering System Devices
Let's look at the different types of the automatic metering system. There are three types of automatic metering systems devices:
● Advanced metres are equipped with a remote reading device that is linked to the metre.
● Data loggers are remote reading devices that are provided by transporters on more significant sites.
● Gas embedded metres are those in which the remote reading device is built into the metre.
All of these AMR devices work together to establish a remote communication channel between a business and its energy supplier.
Advantages of Automatic Metering System Devices
● Consumption or usage data can be transmitted directly from an AMR device to the energy supplier, eliminating the need for manual metre readings.
● Customers will be able to analyse their energy usage data if their bills are more accurate. Most energy suppliers provide this data daily, weekly, or monthly, allowing customers to monitor their consumption and develop new ways to operate more efficiently.
● Because AMR devices provide an accurate metre reading, businesses will only pay for the energy they use each month; estimated bills will become a thing of the past, and usage will be much easier to forecast.
● Because a better understanding of energy use has been achieved, businesses are better positioned to maximise their energy efficiency.
● They offer a more flexible tariff because energy suppliers can offer time-sensitive tariffs that maximise energy use during periods of low demand.
● Carbon emissions have been reduced, and environmental credentials have improved.
Neptune India is a leading producer of automatic metering systems capable of saving costs while increasing speed and efficiency. We ensure that your data is accurate, accessible, and evaluated. Every day, meter readers deal with a stream of data, and manually inputting that data increases the possibility of human mistake. Ensuring your data is correct, timely, and examined is critical to enhancing cash flow and customer happiness.
We provides industry-leading modules for reading and storing data at residential and business meters, as well as distribution points in utility networks. We also offer mobile, portable, and network devices that enable you to get data from these modules and integrate it into your information and control systems.
Our automatic metering systems enable you to gather consumption, diagnostic, and status data from your water, electric, and gas equipment and then send that data to a central database for billing and analysis.