QuickBooks is certainly one of the most popular tools used by small and medium-sized businesses to manage their day-to-day accounting activities. Paperwork is no longer a basic requirement of accounting, as QuickBooks has taken over most of the hype. This software is used by many more people all over the world. This software can be used for many purposes. In today's blog, we will discuss one such task, which is converting QuickBooks files from Mac to Windows and from Windows to Mac. If you want to know more about QB file conversion, continue reading the blog or another option is to contact our QuickBooks Mac technical support team by simply dialing our toll-free number. i.e. +1-844-405-0907.
Steps to Convert QuickBooks for Windows File to QuickBooks for Mac
If you're switching from QuickBooks for Windows desktop to Mac, you don't need to start over. The steps involved in this process are:
Solution 1: On the Windows system
- Update QuickBooks Desktop 2023 for Windows to the latest version.
- Open the file as administrator.
- Now go to the File menu and then select the extension option. Additionally, you need to select the company copy file for QuickBooks Mac and then follow the onscreen instructions. QuickBooks will create the MAC.qbb file.
- A warning message that says “It looks like QuickBooks for Windows may be better suited for business” appears. You should make sure to check what data is not being converted from Windows. To continue, click Yes.
- The next step is to access the folder to save the file, then name the file and select Save. Be sure to use special characters in the file name.
- Move files to your Mac using any storage device, such as a USB drive.
Solution 2: Restore a Mac.qbb backup on your Mac
The Mac.qbb file is essentially a copy of the QuickBooks desktop company file that you can restore in QuickBooks for Mac. The steps involved in this process are:
- Need to update QuickBooks for Mac desktop to the latest version.
- You then need to copy the backup to the documents folder on your Mac.
- Next, open QuickBooks Desktop for Mac again, then select the file, then select the open business option.
- Next, select the Mac.qbb file and select Open.
- In the future, select OK when prompted, in case you want to restore the QuickBooks for Windows file.
- Finally, enter a name for the restored file and select Save.
So, we have come to the end of this article, and we hope that after reading the steps listed above, users will be able to convert QuickBooks files from Mac to Windows and from Windows to Mac. However, if the procedure listed above is not beneficial for you, the only option left for you is to seek our QuickBooks enterprise support. You can dial our free QuickBooks support number, +1-844-405-0907 and talk to our executives for professional advice.